December 4, 2008

Homemade Thai Sweet & Spicy Sauce


My husband's favorite dishes are Thai.  Before I got to know my husband, I don't really like to eat spicy food & I'm not that "Kick" with Thai food.  After years my hubby intros me to Thai dishes, I realized that he loves "hot" spicy food.  He always asked me to buy him chicken rice & Thai chicken rice(almost every day) at the stall near our place.  So, here I decided to find out the Thai sauce & the chicken rice...The sauce is REALLY great, give a try & I bet you'll like it bcos my hubby LOVES it....

Ingredients:
Chopped finely
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic
8 red chili padi (Bird’s eye)
4 fresh red chilies
2 stalk lemongrass
5cm fresh ginger

Mix together
3 tbsp chili sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce
3 tbsp sugar

Directions:
  1. Heat 4 tbsp cooking oil & sauté chopped ginger till fragrant.
  2. Add garlic & onion.  Stir-fry for about 1 minute (Don’t overcook)
  3. Add lemongrass & chili padi (bird’s eye).  Continue to stir the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
  4. Add the mixed sauce & let it cook for another minute.
  5. Add about ½ cup of water to thin the sauce & let it simmer.  Stir occasionally, don’t stick on the pan.
  6. Let the sauce cool & transfer to any container.

No comments:

Post a Comment