August 24, 2010

Mee Bakso


I've been craving for mee bakso a couple of months ago.  I told my helper, who is an Indonesia to cook mee bakso for me.  Unfortunately, the bakso she cooked is totally different from what I ate at Batam.....So, I asked around my neighborhood & one of the helpers (Indonesia) gave me the recipe.   Immediately, I asked my helper to go market to get all the ingredients to make this dish.....I prepare lunch for my 2 lovely princesses, as you know, kids are very fussy about what they ate! To my surprise, Allison & Ashley loves it!  They said "Mummy, this is very delicious.  Can you cook this again?"....So sweet!

Ingredients:
1kg yellow noodle
Chye Sim ~ cut
Carrot ~ sliced thinly
500g beef ball

Beef Stock/Soup:
1 Large onion
4-5 clove garlic
2” ginger
1” galangal ~ meshed lightly
1 lemongrass ~ meshed lightly
5 cloves
3-4 cardamom seeds
1 stick cinnamon
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp black pepper
4 cube beef stock
200ml water
Salt

Chili Sauce:
5-6 bird’s eye
5 clove garlic
1 tbsp sugar
3-5 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt

Directions:
  1. Blend large onion, garlic & ginger to form a paste.
  2. Heat oil, add galangal, lemongrass, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon stick & fry the paste till fragrant.
  3. Add beef ball & beef cube & continue stirring.  Then add water & let it boil.  Add white/black pepper & salt to taste & boil for another 3-5 mins.
  4. To serve, put the noodle in a big bowl with the vegetables, beef ball & beef soup.  Topping with chili sweet soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment