July 7, 2012

Cranberry Cakelette

Source: Salwah Omar (Wedding by Salwah)
Finally my cakelettes turn out pretty good! Salwah Omar, I modified some of your recipe....my gals don't like cranberry so I opt out instead I put strawberry jam & swirl. I don't have any chocolate to scrapes, I used rice chocolate instead.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
160g butter
120g castor sugar
120ml milk
160g All-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
40g chocolate rice

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven 160-180 deg C
  2. Sift flour & baking powder together.
  3. In the mixer, beat butter & sugar till light & creamy.  Add vanilla essence & mix well.
  4. Add egg into the mixture, one at a time & incorporate the mixture to smooth batter.
  5. Add flour alternate with milk & ends with flour into the butter mixture.
  6. Fold in the chocolate rice into the batter & scoop with ice-cream scoop into the rose cakelettes or into a muffin pan.
  7. Bake for about 15-20 minutes.

Bought this baking pan specially for my "Cranberry Cakelette". Found at CK Tang which left 1 pce & cost S$40.85 after discount....Definitely will make use of this pan for Ally's upcoming birthday to give to her classmate as goodies!

60 rose cakelettes for my doter's classmates as requested by birthday girl (Jul 17, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment