March 30, 2012

Banana Chiffon Cake

Using 6.5" mould
Ashley has been asking me to bake her Banana Chiffon Cake & happen to be, I've 1 banana left in the fruit bowl. And also gives me an opportunity to try my new 6.5" cake mould I bought from Penang. I modified alot on the ingredients for 6.5" mould and surprise to see this.....I'm so happy with the end result!

Group (A)
70g Cake flour
1/16 tsp of salt

Group (B)
2 egg yolks
14g castor sugar
25g vegetable oil
35g milk
1 ripe banana (mashed)

Group (C)
2 egg whites
40g castor sugar
¼ tsp cream of tartar

Directions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 160C.  Sieve the entire (A) ingredient in a mixing bowl until well combined.
  2. Mix ingredient (B) until well blended and then add in ingredient (A) and mix until smooth. Set it aside.
  3. Beat ingredient (C) in mixer on high speed until stiff peak. It should not fall out when you turn the mixing bowl over. Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolks mixture and continue to do so until egg whites is finish. Remember to fold in gently until well mixed.
  4. Pour batter into ungreased 6.5” tube pan and bake for an hour or used a bamboo skewer to test the cake. Just insert the skewer into the center of the cake and it should come out clean.
  5. Invert cake and let it cool complete in the pan. When is cool, loosen the edge of the pan and remove cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment