May 5, 2010

Spicy Fried Chicken aka Ayam Goreng Berempah


I've been searching on the web for KFC chicken recipe but none I come across have an authentic recipe.  I decided to create my own recipe (Note: almost every day my families have been eating fried chicken to experiment which is the best recipe).  My hubby told me this recipe is for the best & told me to keep this recipe for future use.

So here I am to share this with you.....

Ingredients:
10-15 pieces Chicken Wing
1 egg
Salt
Oil for frying

Blended:
2” ginger
2” fresh turmeric
4 cloves garlic
4 dried chilies ~ deseeded
2 tsp coriander seed ~ roasted
1 tsp fennel seed ~ roasted

Batter:
100g Rice Flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cooking oil
120ml fresh milk

Directions:
  1. Combine chicken with blended ingredients & egg.  Marinate for 1-2 hours
  2. Combine rice flour, baking powder, salt & milk.  Stir batter till it is free of lumps & add oil to mix just prior to the deep-frying process.
  3. Heat oil in a wok on medium.  Dip the chicken into the batter to coat well & shake off the excess batter.  Gently lower into the hot oil to fry till golden.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment