April 3, 2012

Green Tea Cupcake With Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting

Make 24 Cupcakes
I've been wanting to bake Green Tea Cupcake with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting for a long time. I "spring cleaning" my fridge this morning & found that I've couple blocks of cream cheese. So I asked my helper to go Phoon Huat to buy a bottle of Green Tea Powder which I don't have in my pantry. So, here is my Green Tea Cupcake with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting.

Ingredients:
2½ cups Cake flour ~ sifted
1¼ cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup fresh milk
½ cup vegetable oil
3 tbsp matcha (green tea) powder
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 eggs

Green Tea Cheese Frosting:
6oz cream cheese (Philadelphia)
2½ cups confectioners' sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp matcha (green tea) powder

Directions:
For the cupcakes
  1. Preheat the oven to 170 deg C.  Line a muffin pan with 24 cupcakes liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt until thoroughly blended.
  3. Whisk together the milk & oil, add to the dry ingredients.  Beat for 2 mins. on medium speed.
  4. Add the matcha powder, vanilla extract & eggs, beat again for 2 mins. on medium speed.
  5. Pour the batter into the pans, filling 3/4 of the way full.  Bake until cakes test done about 15 min.   Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
For Cream Cheese Frosting ~ Place the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.  Add 1/3 of the sugar & blend well.  Add in the remaining sugar 1/3 at a time, blending well between each addition.   Add in the milk & matcha powder & beat until light & fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment