April 28, 2012

Coconut Chicken aka Opor Ayam (Indonesia)





Tonight dinner just a simple dish since I've lots of chicken wings in the fridge, I decided to make "opor ayam".....don't asked me what is "opor" means as I, myself don't know.....it's similar to "ayam lemak chili padi" except no chili since my kids are still young to eat spicy food.

Ingredients:
6-8 pcs chicken
750ml coconut cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 lemongrass
3 kaffir leaves
4 tbsp oil for frying

Paste:
5 shallots
3 clove garlic
5 candlenuts
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coriander seed
1cm galangal
2 tbsp oil

Directions:
  1. Heat 4 tbsp of oil & fired the chicken medium cook & set aside.
  2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil & sauté the paste ingredients till fragrant.
  3. Pour in the coconut cream, sugar, lemongrass & kaffir leaves.  Let it boil.
  4. Add in the half cooked chicken, simmer till the chicken cooked.
  5. 5. Serve with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment