July 20, 2009

Barbie / Princess Doll Cake With Marshmallow


This is my 3rd baking of Princess cake for my daughter, Ally.  She has been pastering me since the day I baked for her sister, Ashley's b'day.  So, I decided to bake her a Princess cake & this time, I'm using marshmallow for the princess' skirt as a deco.

When I bought this Princess cake to her school, all the kids & even the teachers keep asking me where do I bought this cake.  I told them that I baked myself, they were surprised.  Couple of the teachers asked me the recipe for the icing, so here I am to share the buttercream icing with you....give a try & you wouldn't regret!

Ingredients:
3 Boxes Betty Crockers (Yellow/Chocolate)
3 Packets Marshmallow (Deco for the skirts)
Some Sugar Flowers (Deco for the top skirts) ~ You can purchased at the bakery store.

Buttercream Frosting:
2 cups confectioners sugar (icing/powdered sugar), sifted
1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk or light cream
Assorted food colors (if desired)

Directions:
  1. In an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and well blended.
  2. Add the vanilla extract. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
  3. Add the milk and beat on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes). Add a little more milk or sugar, if needed. Tint the frosting with desired food color.

No comments:

Post a Comment