April 24, 2009

Spring Roll Crackers


After making the "Seaweed Crackers", I've couple of spring rolls left & I decided to make something instead of keeping them in the freeze.   Do you know that we can make many dish with spring rolls beside, mini popiah, veg spring roll, steam spring roll etc....
I was introduced these crackers by my aunt in Malacca.   She gaves me a bottle of these crackers.   I started nibbling on these while watching TV at home and in no time, they were gone!   They were so addictive that I called my aunt in Malacca to share with me this recipe.  Surprisingly it was really easy!  This is what you will need to make this delicious little snack.

Ingredients:
1 packet of spring rolls (square or rectangle)
1 egg white or 1 tsp cornflour ~ for sealing
Oil for frying
Sugar for coating

Directions:
  1. Roll a spring roll like Swiss style with the help of a chopstick.
  2. Seal the edge with some egg white or cornflour.
  3. Cut up into desired size & deep fry till golden brown (Note: Best result, let it dry for couple of hours then fried them to get the crispiness)
  4. Drained on the absorbent paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
  5. Toss them into a bowl of sugar so that they are all coated with sugar.   Store them in an air-tight container when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment