July 31, 2010

Jelly Barbie Doll aka Agar-agar Barbie Doll


I make this for my friend's daughter b'day last Saturday.  Her daughter saw I bake couple of princess cake & asked me if I can do one for her.  I'm honored & loves the challenge.  So, I decided to do jelly instead.  It take lots of my time but the end result is much satisfying!

Ingredient (A):
15g jelly powder
900ml water
200g sugar
3 pcs pandan leaves

Ingredient (B):
15g jelly powder
900ml water
200g sugar
1 packet coconut powder

Colour:
Red, Green, Yellow, Purple & blue

Directions:
  1. Combine (A) in saucepan, stir & bring to boil, leave aside & keep warm
  2. Combine (B) in saucepan, stir & bring to boil, keep warm.
  3. Measure 100ml of (A), add yellow colour & pour into skirt mould.  When nearly set, lightly roughen surface with fork, pour over 100ml hot (B) with yellow colour added.
  4. When surface is nearly set, pour 200ml (A) with blue colour on top, leave till surface is nearly set.  Roughen surface with fork; pour 200ml hot (B) blue jelly.
  5. Use the same method followed by 200ml (A) green, 200ml (B) green and 200ml (A) purple, 200ml (B) purple.  Remaining (A) red & (B) red.  Leave to set, chill in fridge.
  6. Turn out, insert Barbie doll on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment